Clubs at Humanities and the Arts
• Girls Empowerment Club - led by Ms. Carr - meets Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:55-3:55 PM in Room 122
• Newspaper Club - led by Mr. Bacharach - meets Wednesdays
from 2:55-3:55 PM in Room 116
The Humanities Tribune, our school newspaper, was one of 23 high school and college newspapers across the United States awarded "FIRST PLACE WITH SPECIAL MERIT," the top designation, in the American Scholastic Press Association 2016-2017 Scholastic Newspaper Awards competition.
• Debate Club - led by Ms. Isaacs - meets Wednesdays
from 2:55-3:55 PM in Room 123
• Zumba Club - led by Ms. Clunis - meets Fridays from 2:55-3:55 PM
• Club Insanity - led by Mr. Colantropo - meets Fridays from 2:55-3:55 PM
We add new clubs every year based on student interests!
Student Government and Senior Council work to plan a number of events for students throughout the year, including:
• Multicultural Night, at which students celebrate their culture with food, music, and customary dress
• Field Day, at which students battle it out for a day on the field to relieve stress before Regents Exams and celebrate the end of a successful school year
• Career Day, in which professionals from various industries are invited to share their experiences with students
• Blood Drive, at which students ages 16+ can give the gift of life by donating blood during the school day
• Student vs Staff Sports, in which teams of students and staff battle it out in sports like volleyball and basketball