Succeed in the Classroom
Humanities and the Arts challenges students to dream big and accomplish even more. Our strong academic focus is coupled with an equally strong sequence in the Visual Arts that culminates in AP Studio Art in senior year. Performance Arts includes theater, music, and dance, and we have regular performances from students in all of our arts disciplines. A number of our students have also had the chance to display their work for the general public - theater students have performed on Broadway, and visual arts students have had their work displayed at the Metropolitan Museum of Art!
Our college‑going culture is fostered by a continuing partnership with Queensborough Community College with the Connect2College Program and Project Prize, while CUNY College Now classes are also available at Queens College for eligible students. Students can begin taking one of our eight Advanced Placement courses during their sophomore year, enabling them to graduate Humanities and the Arts with upwards of thirty college credits by the end of their senior year!
Thrive Outside the Classroom
Humanities and the Arts offers an abundance of Extracurricular Activities to appeal to all students. Examples of our extracurricular activities include:
• Nationally recognized school newspaper, The Humanities Tribune
• Theater Production, Dance Ensemble, Chorus, Instrumental Band
• Student Government and Senior Council that plan events like dances, Multicultural Night, Blood Drives, Student-Staff Sports, etc.
• Trips Across NYC to Broadway Shows (Hamilton, The Play That Goes Wrong, Wicked), Museums (Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Natural History, MoMA), Businesses (New York Times, Cambridge University Press), and Global Institutions (United Nations, World Trade Center) and more!
• College Trips to Washington, D.C., Upstate New York, and more